Westdale Machine is currently seeking a full-time, highly skilled CNC Machinist to join their expanding team.
· Perform initial set-ups and run first offs.
· Produce 2D and 3D machined parts using 3-axis machines with a heavy focus on programming.
· Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerances.
· Verify dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments.
· Liaise with Engineering to provide constructive feedback and improvements to processes.
· Maintain ISO quality standards and safe working environment.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Knowledge of Haas / Fanuc controls considered an asset.
· Knowledge of EDGECAM Milling considered an asset.
· Ability to program 2D & 3D vertical mills.
· Ability to set up and run first off parts
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings or sketches.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Time management and communication skills.
· Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
· Self motivated and requires minimal supervision.
· Ability to adapt to a fast-changing work environment.
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multi-disciplinary projects and conflicting deadlines.
· Proficiency with 3D CAD Software (preferably SolidWorks) considered an asset.
· 5 years experience preferred.
· Licensed General Machinist (429A) is considered an asset.
Westdale Machine provides a comprehensive compensation package. Total remuneration package includes a competitive hourly pay rate, an extensive medical and dental program, including life insurance, and a defined contribution pension plan with company matched contributions.
· Hourly wage for this role will start between $30-$45/hr (commensurate of skills and experience).
· 5 weeks total vacation.
· 4-day work week with flexible working hours to suit any schedule.
Westdale Machine Company is a leading manufacturer of power generation and OEM steam turbine components. For over 20 years, Westdale Machine has been recognized for their quality, ingenuity and reliability.
Westdale Machine offers a close knit, family-oriented work environment that “big business” simply cannot match. Our flexible work schedule allows you to choose a regimen that is best for you to help promote a healthy work-life balance.
Location: Stoney Creek, ON
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$45.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stoney Creek, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-09-02