Job Title: Learning Commons Coordinator
Reference number: C-19-20-2031
Job Category (Job Alert): Management
Department: Academic Sector
Services: Learning Commons
Immediate Supervisor's Name: Isabelle Delisle
Position Status: Regular Full-time
Length of the contract: Permanent
Work Location: Vanier College
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (35 hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date: 2020-06-29
External Posting End Date and Time: 2020-07-13 17:00
Salary Scale: $73,515 - $98,017
In accordance with its Employment Equity Program and the Quebec government’s Equity law, Vanier College encourages applications from qualified men and women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
If you wish to do so, you are invited to indicate whether you are a member of one of the above groups.
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of General Education, the Learning Commons Coordinator is responsible for the planning, the organization, the coordination, the supervision and the evaluation of all activities of the sector under their responsibility, which includes three sub-units: the Library, the Tutoring and Academic Success Centre (TASC) and the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) center.
More specifically, but not limited to, the Learning Commons Coordinator:
- In collaboration with other academic managers, is responsible for the implementation and application of the policies, procedures and regulations relevant to her/his sector including By-Law 8, the Copyright Policy, the Collection Development Policy, IPESA, and the Student Success Plan;
- Coordinates the work of Learning Commons professionals with regards to student success, which includes:
o Developing, implementing, evaluating, and maintaining cyclical interventions for students;
o Ensuring the continuous improvement of support services including peer tutoring, peer mentoring, the Writing Centre, review sessions, in-class interventions, and preparation for the English Exit Exam;
o Ensuring the continual offering of enrichment, innovation & creativity activities, programs, and events for students;
o Ensuring ongoing collection development that meets the evolving needs of programs and departments;
o Providing information services to students, staff, and faculty as needed (guidance related to Copyright compliance, reference help, bibliographic instruction sessions);
o Providing departments, programs, and the academic administration with data that aims to ensure the quality and monitoring of student success initiatives;
- Produces a work plan and an annual report for the Learning Commons;
- Analyzes the budgetary and material needs of the sector;
- Supervises and supports the professionals and support staff in the sector;
- Establishes and implements a cohesive approach to the Learning Commons and ensures collaboration and cooperation between the employees of its three sub-units (library, TASC and STEM);
- Collaborates with the Academic Steering Committee and other academic managers, in particular the Coordinator of Pedagogical Support & Innovation (PSI), on student success projects, quality assurance and data integration;
- Oversees, in collaboration with Human Resource Services, the selection and hiring of new employees;
- Integrates, trains and evaluates new employees and puts in place a professional development plan for all employees of the sector;
- Develops strategic partnerships with libraries, colleges, universities, and other organizations in the community.
Other related responsibilities as requested by the Faculty Dean.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hours a week)
Start Date: T.B.D.
Classification: Coordinator of Services (C6)
Salary: $73,515 - $98,017
Qualifications: Established in accordance with provisions of Article 7-2.00 of the Policy for Management Personnel.***
- Bachelors Degree in a related field, Graduate degree preferred.
Conditions related to the specific position:
- Five (5) years of experience in coordinating teams or managing projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge and good understanding of the challenges that libraries are facing in the 21st century;
- In-depth knowledge of the Cégep system, pedagogy, student success, and programs;
- Excellent ability to plan, coordinate, and implement multiple projects simultaneously and work to meet competing deadlines and changing priorities;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-based, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational competencies;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (to be tested);
- Excellent English written and oral communications competencies (to be tested);
- Strong French written and oral communications competencies (to be tested).
***Exceptionally, a DEC and additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the preferred Bachelor's
***PLEASE APPLY VIA VANIER ONLINE IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED***: https://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/human-resources/jobs/
Reference ID: C-19-20-2031
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $73,515.00 - $98,017.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends