Twelve Oaks is a rapidly growing flooring distribution company catering to approximately 1000 flooring retail stores across North America. We are committed to delivering high quality flooring products at competitive prices through our extensive distribution network. We pride ourselves in offering a close-knit work environment that encourages teamwork and provides ample opportunities for advancement within the company.
Our work team in distribution department plays a very essential role in our success. We are now looking for new team members for one of our distribution centers in Markham, Ontario. Reporting to warehouse manager, we expect this individual to be a member of a team of dedicated people committed to maintain a supportive and cooperative work environment.
This position is a long term day time position, and is only for work days.
- Using woodworking tools making flooring samples, involving cutting wood flooring planks with circular or table saw, sand and glue flooring planks to the backer board, labeling and packing/unpacking flooring sample boards.
- Using electric tools to assemble product displays and small merchandise.
- Sort, load and place flooring samples materials or items on racks, shelves or bin. Will involve heavy lifting.
- Will also be helping other warehouse tasks such as: prepares orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Load prepared orders to the delivery truck, or customer's vehicle when they come to pick up in a timely manner, either by forklift, or by hand-bombing if necessary.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for courier or mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Must have good understanding of safety and is able to follow all company's safety rules, especially in regards to operation of woodworking equipment.
- Wear the proper safety equipment is a must.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have at least 2 years experience on operation woodworking equipment such as table saw, mitre saw circular saw, and other wood cutting equipment, as well as electric drill (table top and hand held), router, glue gun and other woodworking tools.
- Must have the experience in woodworking environment and have good understanding of safety rules.
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred. Previous forklift operating experience is an asset, but not a must. We can provide training on forklift operating for the right candidate.
- Fluent in English, good communication and organizational skill is required.
- Be punctual, dependable and reliable
- Lift up to 75lbs
- Ladder use up to 10 feet
- Stand/walk for 8 hours
- Flexibility in scheduling including extended days, evenings, and sometime weekends.
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance skill may be required.
- Last but not least, it is essential and critical that the candidate need to feel comfortable and physically fit to operate woodworking equipment in a dusty environment. Personal protection equipment will be provided and is required to be worn all time during operating of the equipment.
What’s in it for you?
- Full benefit package, including health, dental and vision care, is available post probationary period
- Potential for growth and personal development
- Competitive compensation
Twelve Oaks is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, gender, age and/or disability. We are committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
Job Type: Full-time
Expected start date: 2020-08-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- operating woodworking equipment: 2 years (Required)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Use warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments