Position Title: Reporting Analyst- Edmonton, AB Department: IT
Reports to: IT Supervisor
Would being a Reporting Analyst for a Company that prides itself on excellence be of interest to you?
Are you looking for a great career opportunity?
Do you have the skills to take on an exciting role in a well-established company?
DSL Ltd. is one of Canada’s largest distributors and service providers of specialized food service equipment since 1916. We pride ourselves for caring for our customers with the utmost diligence, creating long lasting relationships that continue to grow. Due to this growth, we are looking to fill the newly available position of Reporting Analyst in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the IT Supervisor, as the Reporting Analyst you will be responsible in gathering and interpreting data, preparing business reports and presentations, and designing and developing reporting tools for deployment across the organization.
Essential Job Functions but not limited to:
- Work with the business/team to develop a self-service reporting BI & dashboards
- Assist in the implementation of the IT plan and train the individuals that will need to use it
- Coordinating Managed Service Provider (MSP) projects and deployments
- Create and maintain training and troubleshooting materials
- Act as a link between end-users and higher-level support
- Understands and work to prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- Provide user training and orientation on hardware, software and cloud-based services
- Assist the IT Team with various departmental tasks and projects as required
- Superior multitasking skills and capacity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in a user-friendly format
- Assist in the maintenance and changes to our main ERP systems
- Employee Asset allocation & change management
- Coordinating new employee systems and asset setup with MSP
- Coordinating employee exit procedures with MSP
- Emergency operations as needed
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Education
- Preferably in Computer Systems Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role
- A strong business acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Power BI
- Microsoft SQL (SSMS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) skills are required
- Great attention to detail and a strong analytical mind
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in developing and/or maintaining business applications is a significant asset
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- A passion for learning, growing and continually taking on new responsibilities
- Strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
This job description is intended as a guide to the requirements of the position and is not intended to be definitive. The job description will be subject to review, together with the incumbent and according to the needs of the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is you wage expectation?
- Power BI: 1 year (preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 1 year (preferred)
- SSRS: 1 year (preferred)