Construction Manager/ Estimator -Based in Hay River NT
- Oversee heavy civil construction sites, general contractors, & workers ensuring a high level of quality & safety.
- Creates and reviews Tender Estimates, Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to site superintendents.
- Develops & maintains project cost/change controls, & project budget & accounting records
- Performs change order estimating & assists the site superintendent in change order negotiations.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of construction schedules.
- Reviews weekly/monthly reports on contract status and progress, including project costs & potential changes.
- Provide status reports to senior management & attend client project meetings as needed.
Construction Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- * Knowledge of construction technology & Risk Assessment / Management
- * Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools & project controls
- * Administrative policies and procedures
- * Conceptual planning ability
- * Conflict management and problem-solving skills, & Leadership ability
- * Communication, meeting, and presentation skills, and Multi tasking ability
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Civil Engineer, CET Certification, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the heavy civil construction industry required
- Experience managing multiple civil and general construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools
exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license
Travel, overtime and weekend work will be required. Salary is dependant on experience. Rowe’s Construction offers competitive wages, health, dental & group RRSP benefits. Email Resumes , or fax 867-874-6558 or deliver to 25 Studney Drive, Hay River, NT
Submit Resumes by May 25th Visit us at www.rowes.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Construction Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- Project Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Heavy Civil Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)