As a Showroom Sales Associate you will be the first line of communication to our customers. You will be expected to make quick connections with clients to influence and lead them to make the best material selection for their project. You will need to take initiative to get things done and display a competitive nature, achieving goals and solving problems.
Who are you?
- A highly motivated individual who can work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team
- Someone who continuously learns, challenges themselves, and takes initiative
- An empathetic and engaging communicator that readily makes connections
- An organized person who is committed to delivering the best customer service experience possible
- Someone who is looking for meaningful work and responsibility – More than just a “job”
- Results oriented, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask
- Someone who is knowledgeable and skillful in influencing and persuading others by understanding their individual needs
- A self-confident extrovert that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups
What you will be doing?
- Assisting clients with tile selection, design, and purchase
- Selling ideas, policies, services and products to customers
- Following up on your client quotes daily
- Completing daily showroom priorities set by the Showroom Manager
- Utilizing all customer service tools and technology made available to you
- Establishing strong relationships with vendor sales representatives
- Constantly working towards achieving team sales targets and goals
- Taking an active role in organizing and reorganizing showroom spaces
- Identifying problems and providing possible solutions to your manager
- Notifying customers when orders have arrived
- Filing, tidying the showroom, and completing the Daily Sales Report at the end of each night
What you can expect from FTD
Many people love being part of a smaller team but choose to work at a larger company because there is generally more opportunity for growth and better company benefits. At FTD we’ve worked hard to bring the two together, providing our teams the best of both worlds. So what can our company offer you?
- Smaller, intimate team atmosphere with 35 members spread out over 5 locations
- Competitive starting salary
- Fast paced work environment with a variety of tasks that focus on ever changing goals and results
- Benefits package that includes full drug and dental coverage, fully paid for by FTD
- Store hours that offer a true work/life balance, unlike traditional retail
- Carefully crafted 3-month introductory training program that includes weekly testing and technical seminars, ensuring you are given the tools to succeed
- Ability to be a contributing part of important decisions made at your location
- Room for advancement to management level positions (we’ve opened 3 new locations since July 2012 and promoted 7 team members to management positions over that period)
- Continuous training
Who you will be working with
You will be working within a team of 2-4 designers and a manager on a daily basis. Most team members are stationed at a single location full-time, though there will be some days when you will move around to other showrooms as required. You will report directly to the showroom manager at the location you are stationed at.
Who we are
Factory Tile Depot is a young, exciting, growing company currently with five locations across Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, and Burlington servicing both the retail and trade communities. We pride ourselves on our innovative ideas, technology, and unique approach to the tile industry. Beginning operations in 2003 we have experienced sharp growth in both market share and revenue. Our goal is to continue to be constructive disrupter in our industry by fundamentally improving the relationship between customer, retailer, supplier, and manufacturer. We pride ourselves on developing young leaders.
Does the above describe you?
If so, we’d love to learn more about you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care