We are seeking a hard worker, skilled and reliable Event Labourer to join our operations team. The selected candidate will work under the instructions of the Floor Manager to assist in the set up of events. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential.
- Carry tables and chairs, up and down stairs, for set up and tear down
- Lift and/or move furniture and organize them accordingly
- Set up and tear down stage as required
- Carry trays or bus pans of dishes
- Ensure the event hall is always organized
- Help to set up off site events – i.e. tents
- Shovel front and back entrances/sidewalk
- Take garbage from dumpster to the curb
- Load and unload bar fridges
- Pick up orders from store when needed
- Put away supplies when orders arrive
- Assist with running cables for larger events – i.e. concerts
- Assist bands with loading and unloading equipment from trucks as needed
- Assist with maintaining / cleaning Audio Visual equipment
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years of general labour experience
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipments safely
- Able to use a ladder
- Experience with hand tools and power tools
- Good communication skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Join our growing team!
Get started by sending us your resume in PDF or Word format. Please note that while all applications will be processed and reviewed, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour