Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our
locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind
and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
- you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in
- you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in values-based environment.
- you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-
Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our
Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches,
community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus
on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and
swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed
to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers and share our vision of a healthy
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Facilities Housekeeper (Part Time)
Bostwick Community Centre, YMCA & Library (501 Southdale Road West)
As Soon as Possible
Qualifications & Experience:
- Able to read and follow written cleaning and safety standards to complete assigned duties to the quality
- Cleaning experience in a recreational service facility is an asset.
- Basic computer knowledge is an asset.
- WHMIS certified.
- Provide a criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening.
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- May be entitled to up to 10 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
- Benefits package - applicable with position and contract length
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Carry out all cleaning tasks as assigned in members’ space, back-of-house spaces and exterior spaces.
- Identify efficient methods and products to be used in the course of carrying out routine cleaning tasks to
ensure desired results.
- Physical requirements related to lifting weight in excess of 20 pounds, i.e. furniture to access areas that are
not cleaned regularly, clutter, garbage removal, etc.
- Consistently work towards meeting and exceeding standards as defined by the YMCA: Priority S.A.M.
- Operation of vacuums, floor polishers, and regular use of various chemical cleaning agents.
- Cleaning responsibilities are limited primarily to indoors, however, cleaners are expected to assist with
outdoor seasonal tasks, garbage removal and grounds keeping duties as required.
- Incumbent is required to be highly mobile, must be circulating throughout building, little time to rest.
- Majority of the job is done while standing.
- Any Duties assign to you by your supervisor.
1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and location. Please include
specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
2. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments Christina Matthews, General Manager at
email@example.com by August 15th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders
including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our
premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the
requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated
standards and regulations.
Want to know more about us, visit us at: