Location: Logan Lake, BC, CA
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of: Autonomy Application and Network Support Specialist (AHS)
Reporting to the Lead Systems Implementation and Maintenance - AHS, the Autonomy Application and Network Support Specialist is a site-based resource dedicated to the success of the Highland Valley Copper Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) project and expansion. This role is responsible for identifying, communicating, implementing and supporting technology-based elements to ensure the success of AHS, and to enable efficient knowledge transfer to future projects.
- Be a courageous safety leader by adhering to and championing safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Act as the dedicated point of contact amongst HVC AHS project leadership, Teck Digital Systems, Caterpillar and Finning for all technical subjects and issues related to the system.
- Be responsible for maintaining and expanding current AHS supporting technologies like CAT MineStar FMS, Trimble GPS/GNSS, Cisco 802.11 WiFi network, vSAN Cluster of Servers and SQL Databases.
- Assist with data integration and reporting between AHS and legacy mining systems.
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving strict cyber-security standards, system architecture and remote access related tasks.
- Be responsible for driving proactive monitoring of all technologies related to AHS and provide technical support for potential and ongoing issues.
- Adhere to the Teck Digital Systems change control and other policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation pertaining to key learnings and best practices.
- 3 to 5 years of experience delivering and supporting information technology services in an industrial setting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with mining specific systems such as fleet management applications, GPS/GNSS, Industrial and Wireless Networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory, computer networking fundamentals and database operation.
- Strong commitment to project success and the ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaborative communications skills working in a team environment to coordinate and execute project activities.
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis techniques.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time