We are looking for an experienced Ontario College of Teacher-certified high school teacher to join our team and develop either the ASM4M (Grade 12 Media Arts University/College) or ASM3M (Grade 11 Media Arts) course for our online high school.
You must be an experienced teacher who can develop OSSD credit courses.
This is a convenient and flexible home-based project. Contract, part time, and work during evenings and weekends are all possible.
Who We Are
We are building an online learning platform that allows high school students in Ontario to learn via video lectures.
Who We Are Looking For
Candidates must have recently taught the ASM4M or ASM3M course at least once in full (at least 1 year experience), are self-directed, and are comfortable with technology and innovative teaching methods. You should have strong communication skills, be detail oriented, and be organized.
Complete fluency in English is a requirement.
- You will be helping us develop video lectures that help high school students in Ontario.
- This includes designing and developing online lecture materials that meet and exceed the Ontario Ministry of Education’s requirements for OSSD credits (including audio/visual presentations), teaching the material through pre-recorded videos, composing tests, quizzes, and assignments.
- Previous experience with LMS technologies (D2L, Canvas, Brightspace, or Moodle) is an asset but not essential.
- You are required to produce a 15 minutes demo lesson as part of our interview process.
Applying for this job
When applying, please let us know (through a cover letter or through other means) when you have last taught the ASM4M or ASM3M course and give us your OCT number.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- ASM4M or ASM3M teaching: 1 year (required)