Support Staff (BCGEU)
Hours of Work (BCGEU):
# of openings:
Hours Per Week (BCGEU):
11 - BCGEU Pay Grid
Days of Work (BCGEU):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Permanent Full Time
Internal Closing Date:
January 24, 2022
Occasional travel between campuses is required.
External Closing Date:
Open Till Filled
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
Communications & Events Coordinator
Reporting to Divisional Business Manager, this position is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive communications plan for the office of KPU International to enhance the profile of KPU including visibility, branding and community relations to support the international recruitment activities. The Coordinator liaises with university administration, faculty, staff, students, agents, partners and communities for the coordination of a variety of events to build effective relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a relevant discipline, plus at least two years’ experience in marketing, communications and office administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English. Proven ability to communicate with a diverse population.
- Full fluency in a second language of KPU’s target market is required.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience with management and content creation for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), blogs and newsletters.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and coordinating events in an institutional or corporate environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven administrative experience with CRM software.
- Demonstrated experience managing workflows; developing and deploying communications and compiling analytics and reports.
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills and ability to develop positive public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work as part of an integrated team and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Experience with student information systems (BANNER) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently and establish own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong intercultural communication skills and experience interacting with people of various ages, backgrounds, cultures and languages.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Top level skills entering or importing data into computer programs.
- A minimum of 50 wpm with a high degree of accuracy is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Drupal (website content management system), mail merges email and web searches.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Travel to different working locations may be required.
Click here for a more detailed job description
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.