Job title :
IMMUNIZATION NURSE – NELSON
NELSON MEDICAL ASSOC CLIN
Interior Health has immediate openings for casual Registered Nurses with related immunization experience to support COVID-19 immunization programs.
The Public Health Immunization Nurse provides predetermined immunization(s) to children and adults in various community settings. Community settings can include schools, non-health unit locations and/or designated on-site clinics. Targeted immunization programs are defined as immunization clinics set up for the purpose of delivering a specific predetermined immunization(s) to a defined group of people.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assesses client’s eligibility for publicly funded vaccine, screens for contraindications to vaccine and obtains informed consent as per established policies and procedures.
- Administers the required vaccine in accordance with established guidelines.
- Counsels clients with regard to ‘after care” and possible adverse events.
- Completes required documentation including data collection.
- Observes for and assists PHN Coordinator in the management of fainting, anaphylaxis or other immediate reactions.
- Maintains vaccine cold chain and appropriate disposal of sharps.
- Assists with set up and dismantling of clinic.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means that hours are not guaranteed and may vary.
We anticipate shift times to be days, 08:30 to 16:30 and 11:00 to 19:00.
Employees will be asked to work some weekends and evenings.
Travel is a requirement for this position and transportation arrangements must meet the Employer’s needs. You are required to hold a valid BC Driver’s License and may be required to drive a personal car on mileage and/or be assigned a fleet vehicle as a condition of employment.
If you are a Registered Nurse who takes pride in having a strong work ethic, excellent communication, critical thinking skills and has experience with administering immunizations, then we would love to hear from you. Join our team and make a difference in the lives of others! Apply today!
** RN’s are required to complete the BCCDC COVID-19 Immunization Competency Course in order to assist with vaccinations. **
Please attach a copies of the completed certificates to your application and note your availability on your resume.
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and some related experience with immunization and community settings.
Current valid B.C. Driver’s License
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.