All-West Glass has been serving Northwestern Canada for over 40 years. Established in 1971 with the belief that a company could have both high quality products and outstanding customer service, All-West Glass has grown into one of the largest most dynamic independent glass companies in Canada.
Corporately, we believe in safety, quality of work, workplace accountability and superior skill sets. It is our people who are the key to our success.
The applicant will initiate all activities related to the development of costs and estimates or budgets for invitational tenders, public tenders negotiated projects, including the preparation of the bid/quotation letters defining the scope of work included/excluded for the client.
We are seeking an individual with a professional and pleasant demeanor with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects while working in a team environment. Attention to detail and accuracy, planning and organization, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to be successful in this position.
- Preparation and coordination of the overall bid package
- Estimates construction materials, technical specifications, employee hours, cost and any other job requirements for project
- Performs material “take–offs” and systematically estimate costs
- Tracks and records post awards and rejection for continuous improvement
- Consult with all stakeholders on a regular basis from conceptual, preliminary and final stages to ensure labour, equipment and material reflect current pricing, construction costs and timelines
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in the glazing trade and/or service business.
- College Diploma or University Degree within a Construction or Architectural discipline is an asset
- Intermediate skills to advanced skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, Partner Pak or similar estimating software
- Strong aptitude with math, measuring, estimating, and take-offs with superior blue print reading skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills required (tact, diplomacy, influence) with the ability to work well in demanding situations in an organized manner.
- Physically fit to be able to perform within the working conditions
- Positive, friendly and focused individual who is highly organized
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Glazing: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)