1st Choice Savings and Credit Union Ltd is a full service financial institution and cooperative serving approximately 17,000 members across a network of 6 branch locations in Southern Alberta. With assets under administration of $650 million, 1st Choice Savings is a financially strong Credit Union with a promising potential for growth. The organization follows a strong set of cooperative values where the ultimate goal is putting members first, above all else.
The Position – Financial Advisor
The Financial Advisor is responsible for recognizing needs of members and thinking creatively to identify opportunities and solutions that are mutually beneficial to 1st Choice Savings and the member’s Financial Plan.
Engage and deliver the 1st Choice Savings brand promise by delivering a consistent brand experience to members:
- Follow the 1st Choice Onboarding activities to ensure a consistent member experience delivery with every
- Proactively manage and maintain regular communication with an assigned portfolio of members to strengthen and grow the financial relationship by helping members manage their short to long term goals for both investment and lending needs by providing general counsel, advice, and guidance as it aligns with their financial planning
- Assist members with structuring their investment and retirement needs by utilizing different investment strategies in conjunction with the available product options, as well as optimizing the different Wealth Strategy options based on the members need and financial
- Use the supporting tools available to help identify the member’s current financial situation, their future financial goals, and to support how the members can accomplish their future financial
- Create and manage a scheduled contact plan to provide financial literacy sessions with assigned portfolio
Focus on Business Development initiatives that will align with the corporate strategy and brand promise:
- Review and update existing credit and loan files in a timely fashion and utilize this as an opportunity to provide value-added information, advice and
- Generate and develop new memberships to increase revenue by outbound calling, attending networking functions, and creating a referral base through centers of influence or existing membership
- Promote and maintain awareness of 1st Choice Savings in your community and network. Participate in any development activities to ensure the success of the branch and the
- Maintain appropriate record keeping to ensure year end goals are met, e. Pipelines, goal tracking, maintaining calendar bookings, etc.
- Offer and assist on a broad range of investment options such as mutual funds, locked-in funds, RESPs,
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with center of influences, management, members, and the
- Manage risks within the standards of sound business practice and comply with the legal and regulatory
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education in commerce or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Financial Planning 1 and Financial Planning
- Mutual Funds license and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry with a solid understanding of retail lending (including mortgages) and investment products
- Highly developed understanding of industry regulations, standards, and best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of moral judgment for handling financial transactions
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment and promote the credit union vision
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- An innovative and creative mindset that will challenge conventional processes to improve member service, and adapt to a changing environment of member
Job Type: Full-time