WesternForest Products is currently seeking an experienced Sawfiling Supervisor to join our Saltair Sawmill Division in Ladysmith, BC.
Reporting to the Sawfiling Superintendent, the Sawfiling Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of the Filing Department personnel at our Saltair Sawmill in our new, modern centralized circular saw shop whichprocesses the circular saws of our Eastern mills.
You are a highly motivated individual who recognizes the value of a team-oriented approach. You are considered to be a good leader with excellent communication skills. You bring to the job an exceptional safety record and a willingness to work with Western Forest Products in reaching its safety, environmental and production objectives. You foster and promote the values of continuous improvement within your Filing teams.
- Foster a safety culture in the Filing Departments that fits with Western’s safety targets and goals
- Lead and develop a Filing Team that is driven to improving saw performance and machine uptime, both internally as well as involving outside sources
- Actively engage with other trades to increase machine performance and creatively resolving on-going issues
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts
- Organizational and time management skills to develop complex schedules and estimate engineering/design work-hour for all tasks
- Mediation, negotiation and contractor management skills will be instrumental in successful daily applications
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Interprovincial Benchman TQ
- Applicable knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations and an exceptional personal safety record history
- Strong working knowledge of sawmills and their processes
- Strong background in machine center alignment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a unionized environment
- Well developed computer skills are considered an asset
Western offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and the potential to achieve annual performance rewards. If you believe that you have the skills and qualifications that we are looking for, please submit your cover letter and resume today.
Job Type: Full-time