Manages and coordinates the accounts receivable activities of assigned portfolio of delinquent accounts. Maintains good customer relations with borrowers and effectively solves problems in an effort to resolve account delinquency and mitigate losses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Review, analyze, and determine course of action to resolve delinquent status. Make routine telephone calls, send emails and negotiates satisfactory payment commitments to mitigate risk.
- Maintain detailed notes to ensure account information is current and execute follow up to confirm payment arrangements are respected.
- Coordinates all accounts receivable activity to assigned portfolio. Investigate discrepancies on accounts and detail proposed actions, promises, proposals with follow-up dates duly noted and followed to manage credit exposure.
- Accurately process credit card payments for COD customers and reconcile the deposits.
- Establish efficient & effective lines of communication between retail customers & cross-functional teams including sales, customer service while, provide support in the form of recommendations & actions.
- Review, analyze and make credit recommendations for New Accounts credit limits and terms using credit reports, financial statements or other tools. Manage customer electronic files.
- Required to support other queues to facilitate teamwork in the department.
- Review, research, analyze and resolve all key account deductions in a timely fashion.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- College or University diploma in business/ accounting/ economics
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a credit and collections role in a business to business environment. Food and/or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry is an asset
- System Implementation preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude, professional demeanor and phone etiquette
- Politely assertive, thrives on negotiation and customer interaction
- Excellent organization skills – with ability to handle a large volume of accounts in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Detailed oriented and able to analyze and troubleshoot account issues
Job Type: Full-time