Lashley + Associates is seeking a motivated and skilled Landscape Architectural Technologist to join our growing firm in our Ottawa office.
Lashley + Associates Corporation is a progressive, energetic, and award-winning Landscape Architecture practice located in Ottawa and Montreal serving Canada. Our practice utilizes forward-thinking and a sustainable approach to design urban, rural, and natural environments in central and eastern Canada. As designers and proud stewards of the land, we are focused on the development of resources for the betterment of society and nature. We are committed to provide excellence in design and service to our clients for all of their project needs.
Lashley + Associates provides a collaborative, open-concept office environment. Our team is comprised of engaging, talented and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the design team with preparation of schematic designs, presentations, detailed design, contract documents, and construction review for a variety of institutional, government, commercial and residential clients. Self-motivation is essential for the self-management of tasks on assigned projects. Liaising with other professional consultants will be essential. Lashley + Associates prides itself on providing staff with opportunities for early involvement in all aspects and stages of our projects. The professional growth and the advancement of our staff is a key contribution to the success of our dynamic firm.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
· Be talented, motivated, eager, engaging, forward-thinking, willing to learn.
· Landscape Architectural degree from an accredited university
- and/or -
· Accredited degree or diploma in Landscape Design, Landscape Technology,
· Proven experience working in a professional design office is an asset.
· 5 years’ experience in Landscape Design, Landscape Technology.
· Proven experience in construction design and construction administration is an asset.
· Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of the landscape and engineering professions (eg. grading and drainage, storm water management, environmental engineering, construction detailing, quantity surveying and estimating and construction specifications).
· Proven developed skills in use of AutoCAD, 3D rendering programs (Sketchup, 3D Max) Revit/BIM or Vectorworks, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign),
· Demonstrated ability and experience in MS Office Suite. Experience with Mac OS a plus.
· Ability to adapt to and learn with in a fast-paced project related design practice.
· Membership in a technically related professional association is an asset.
· Bilingualism in English and French is essential.
Lashley + Associates provides a professional and energetic working environment in a collaborative office setting. Our Ottawa office is located centrally in a comfortable neighborhood in Little Italy near downtown Ottawa. You can find more about our firm, projects, and our working environment at www.LashleyLA.com
We offer competitive salary, vacation, and employment benefits and offer a work environment based on healthy work-life balance respecting individual goals.
Direct your submission, including a covering letter, contact information, references, detailed CV, list of competencies, and a brief PDF portfolio to HR Manager by email by August 3, 2020.
Thank you to all interested candidates who make a submission for our consideration; however, only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: 2020-08-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Drivers Licence (Required)
- English and French (Required)