We are looking to welcome an energetic self-starter, mechanically inclined and detail-oriented Machine Operator to join our Folding Cartons Production team. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a team oriented environment and embraces Continuous Improvement working culture.
The Machine Operator plays a critical role by producing folding cartons and working as a team in a manufacturing environment. We are hiring at our Mitchell Island location at 11300 Twigg Place on our afternoon shift:
- Tuesday-Friday, 1:15PM-11:45PM - enjoy a 3 day weekend!
- Responsible for producing/manufacturing protective packaging products using materials, such as polyethylene, polyurethane, honeycomb, etc. in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure finished goods are packaged and tagged accurately so as to be ready for shipping.
- Utilize tools such as heat gun to bond product parts
- Operate machines such as large die cutting press, small bandsaw and pallet jack to move materials
- Ensure processes and systems are being followed properly and that paperwork is filled out accordingly and accurately and forwarded in a timely manner.
- Complete orders on time and maintain our 99% on time delivery goal.
- Continually look for ways to improve process efficiencies in the manufacturing of foam products.
- Responsible for the quality of products manufactured.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating properly and inform appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Ensure that the foam area is kept clean and is always organized
- Count inventory as required
- Make samples as required.
- Other foam related projects as requested by appropriate company personnel.
What makes GLBC a great place to work?
- BC Top Employer and Platinum Status Holder of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Employee Referral Program - Incentives for referrals, up to $750
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health and Dental Benefits, with a Health Care Spending Account
- Children’s Holiday party, with a gift of $80 in value per child
- RRSP with employer matching
- 3 Week Paid Vacation in First year of Employment
- Diversity Lunches as Chinese New Year, Philippine Independence Day, Dhawali and many more
- Employee Education Assistance
- On-Site Gym
- Courtesy shuttle bus
Who we are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a family-owned and operated leading manufacturer of Labels, Corrugated Boxes & Displays, Folding Cartons, KBA, Digital Packaging, Protective Packaging, and the distribution of Shipping Supplies.
We take pride in our initiatives to make safety a priority. We demonstrate this with our structured in house training, providing personal protective equipment and our innovative and supportive culture.
At Great Little Box Company, we aim to create a workplace of belonging in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 3C1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person