Job Description – Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling industrial products or services through telephone sales. The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills.
This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority.
- Respects the customer’s needs and expectations and will inform customer if these cannot be met.
- Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages team members to do the same.
- Has a good understanding of product line features and benefits and uses that knowledge to optimize sales with each customer.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards that have been established.
- Collaborate with Branch Manager to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to Technical Sales
Representative where appropriate.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Technical Sales Representative with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources etc.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Adjust communication style to meet the needs of individuals at various organizational levels and to meet the needs of customers.
Last Revision Date: 27/07/2022
- Make and fulfill all commitments.
- Establish a pattern for working independently, meeting all reasonable deadlines and accepting responsibility for own actions.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- 3+ years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Bilingual French and English
- Good hearing required for extensive telephone use.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Last Revision Date: 27/07/2022
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$59,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1B 4E4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- B2B sales: 1 year (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person