Agrai-Dairy Mart, Ltd. is a fast-growing milking and dairy barn equipment dealer with three locations covering all of Alberta. We specialize in full sales, installation and servicing of the following product lines: DeLaval, Nuhn, Artex, JOZ, and Sun-North Systems.
We are currently hiring a permanent full-time Sales Representative to work out of our head office location in Lacombe, AB. For success, the ability to sell and communicate effectively with dairy farmers will be essential plus the ability to network effectively at all levels. The successful candidate will be commercially aware and able to identify growth opportunities.
Ideal candidates will possess an understanding of milking systems. Previous agricultural sales experience is essential as is experience working with distributors/dealers in a machinery, livestock equipment or feed environment. A good knowledge of the Canadian Dairy Industry will be a strong advantage.
The right individual will possess the following requirements:
- Proven agricultural sales experience.
- Proven track record of achievements.
- Self-motivated to achieve high standards and challenging goals.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Dairy experience, especially relating to cow physiology preferred, although we are willing to train the right individual.
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Technical aptitude for working with a variety of computer systems and software.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Strong organizing and planning skills.
- Must possess a keen eye for detail.
- Able to work independently with little supervision and/or in a team environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Meeting with current and prospective customers, consulting and analyzing customer’s needs and preparing quotes.
- Working closely with vendors, placing and tracking of orders.
- Communicating, as required, with new and existing customers. Conducting follow-up visits ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Working closely with Management to ensure sales and service goals and expectations are achieved.
- Keeping current on product knowledge, including features and benefits of all product lines offered.
- Representing Agri-Dairy Mart Ltd. and its product lines at various trade shows.
- We will provide you with the necessary equipment to perform duties as described, including a company vehicle, laptop, phone, etc.
- We cover travel expenses.
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits available.
This position is located in Lacombe, Alberta (20 minutes North of Red Deer). Lacombe is a great place to live because:
- It has a warm small-town atmosphere, yet you’re just minutes from big-city amenities.
- There are a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities.
- There are many cultural events and festivals.
**Only those selected for an interview will be contacted***
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent