Position Type: Independent Contractor Position
Compensation: Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience
Commitment: Average of approximately 25-30 hours per week
- As an independent contractor, the Executive Director supplies their own tools, such as: laptop computer, printer, cell phone, internet access, and reliable transportation.
- The location of work is flexible and could be conducted from a home office and/or local office space. Some travel throughout Dufferin-Caledon will be necessary to meet community stakeholders and attend various meetings.
- Hours of work are flexible, but due to meetings and events, some evening and weekend commitments will be required.
HCIA’s ultimate goal is to create the conditions to support people living and working in the Headwaters area to achieve the best quality of life possible. The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is to help the organization realize this goal by helping to achieve our strategic priorities and objectives. The key responsibilities required to achieve this goal include:
- Managing the various HCIA projects and initiatives, ensuring deliverables are met and reports completed in a timely fashion.
- This may include hands-on project management and/or the hiring and oversight of support staff and other project managers.
- Seek grant opportunities and manage grant work plan expectations, adhering to various reporting requirements and timelines.
- Explore additional fundraising opportunities for the organization and its project areas.
Strategic planning and finance
- Lead the annual strategic planning process for project areas, and ensure the organization is on track towards achieving the strategic priorities.
- Along with the Treasurer, lead the annual budget process and maintain financial oversight for the organization.
- Act as the primary contact with the Leadership Council and maintain organizational recordsMarketing and communications
- Oversee the organization’s social media accounts, and the creation and distribution of electronic newsletters and other communications promoting the organization and its projects
- Coordinate and manage organizational events ranging from monthly Board meetings to larger community engagement events.Community and Municipal Engagement
- Maintaining HCIA’s presence in the community including engagement with Dufferin County, municipal councils and staff
- Represent HCIA and project areas at relevant community events and meetings
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; champion engagement and collaboration
- Demonstrated competency and comfort in all areas of communications and public relations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning, records management, research, event management and logistics
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, Board members, the public, and as part of a strategy
- Successful grant writing and fundraising skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume by 5PM on Friday, February 7, 2020.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. HCIA is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Reference ID: ED-2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract