If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Associate Director of Care RN is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As an Associate Director of Care RN your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Oversees nursing team based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication.
- Performs nursing duties to ensure clinical excellence at all levels in the care community
- Oversees clinical care processes to ensure that care is delivered according to individual plans of care for residents.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of required clinical programs, i.e. Falls Prevention, Skin and Wound Care, Continence Care, Pain Management.
- Actively participants in committees according to the terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Models and fosters an environment of positive customer service in all aspects of care
- Coordinates and ensures care processes for the RAI MDS Program, Nursing Rehab, and Restorative Care Program are implemented, including evaluation outcomes and monitoring of performance metrics.
- Leads the recruitment/retention, orientation, and employee labour relations efforts related to Personal Support Workers and Care Support Assistants.
- Identifies nursing department learning needs and makes provisions for appropriate education to support clinical care program delivery and increase capacity building of team members.
- Provides team members with regular feedback regarding performance through the probationary period and continuous performance evaluations.
- Supports home area/neighbourhood leaders with complex care issues or concerns to foster positive resident outcomes.
- Assists in the development, monitoring, and evaluation of staffing patterns in accordance with the nursing budget and with Collective Bargaining Agreements as applicable.
- Contributes to the development of job routines for all nursing personnel.
- Ensures clinical care is delivered in a manner that is resident centred and fosters evidence based best practice.
- Working with the DOC, ensures nursing practice align with the provincial governing body (e.g. College of Nurses) and the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Promotes an effective move in and move out process.
- Participates in Resident and Interdisciplinary Team Conferences as required.
- Works in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act/Regulations.
- Monitors procurement and supply control procedures to ensure timely availability of resources within the nursing department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bonus points for having:
- Current registration with the provincial College of Nurses.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical nursing in seniors’ care that may include geriatric, long term care, rehabilitation, or chronic care setting.
- Excellent proficiency with WORD, email, internet use, and computerized documentation.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Willingness to upgrade and maintain personal and educational qualifications as required by the changing demands of the job.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing or equivalent post diploma education preferred.
- Knowledge of provincial Long Term Care Act & Regulations preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.