Property: TERRE Restaurant / Alt St John’s Hotel
Department: Food and Beverage - Kitchen
Supervisor: Chef and Sous-Chef
Status: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Chef ans Sous-Chef, the Line Cook’s responsibility is to prepare food (clean produce, preparing ingredients for cooking, and cutting vegetables and meat) and cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff. Candidates should have professional kitchen experience, including working a hot line and grill.
Description of main responsibilities:
- Cook and prepare the necessary food items as directed and in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keep work station clean and organized including fridges/freezers, counter tops and stove tops
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products
- Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
Requirements of the position:
- Experience in full service restaurant
- Food handlers certificate
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Proven ability to plan, organize and multi-task
- An acute sense of time management and attention to detail
- Able to lift/carry/push supplies or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand for up to 5 hours at a time
- Good communication skills
- Experience in areas of hotel kitchen operations is an asset
Do you like challenges? Join a growing company that offers real opportunities for advancement.
Do you have ideas? Our management style is flexible and we encourage initiative.
Do you like to keep fit? Stay in shape thanks to the exercise room at your workplace.
Do you like to get involved? You’ll have the chance to give back by supporting the many causes that we’re involved in.
Is family close to your heart? As a family owned business it’s close to ours too! That’s why you’ll have the opportunity to invite friends and family to work during Family Day!
Do you like to travel? Take advantage of an employee discount when you stay at one of our hotels and your nearest and dearest can also benefit with the Family and Friends discount.
Willing to relocate? Gain unique work experience thanks to our network of hotels in Canada’s most beautiful cities.
Group Germain Hotels is a family run business originally from Québec that builds and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across the country. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, our reputation is based on the impeccable warmth and hospitality with which our team welcomes our guests as well as the stylish design and comfort of our properties. Each member of our team is chosen for their sincere desire to please and their ability to work in a team!
Job Type: Full-time
- line cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- St. John's, NL (Required)