Reporting to the Program Manager, Housing Access, is responsible for providing direct client service to housing applicants, social housing providers and the general public; for handling inquiries, processing applications, assessing initial and on-going eligibility and occupancy requirements, connecting applicants to appropriate resources and prepares applicants for offers of subsidy; producing standard reports, updating the applicant database system, maintaining waiting lists; and assisting housing providers as required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Social Services, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year current demonstrated experience delivering service to clients in a social services environment and in the social housing field.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (such as Housing Services Act), program and policy guidelines to provide individuals with information and to make decisions pertaining to eligibility and requirements.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Demonstrated organizational, case management and time management skills to prioritize workload appropriately and manage multiple complex tasks within a fast paced, high volume environment.
As Required and Varied
0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by January 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$32.31 to $35.10 per hour. This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)