Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Building Operator for single 4500,000 sq ft +/- retail use facilities. An entry-level role under the direction and support of the Building Manager, the Junior Building Operator will provide technical and operational maintenance support to the retail properties. Duties will include troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, regular inspections and ensuring the smooth operation of the heating and cooling systems. The Building Operator has responsibility for maintenance and service work as well as general facilities care. This role is critical to ensuring uninterrupted service of all operations and in maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
Who You Are:
- You have the ability to manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously, work independently, assess priorities to meet deadlines with attention to detail
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with internal customers, team members, and external contacts
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creativeYou Also Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in general maintenance capacity.
- 4th class power engineering certificate
- Building operations and/or stationary/refrigeration engineer experience is preferred and may be required for some locations.
- Experience with boiler and chiller plants is considered an asset and may be required in some locations.
- Knowledge of building automation/building management systems and HVAC systems is preferred.
- PC literate, demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
- Entry level knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings
- Entry level knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice preferred
As The Building Operator, You Will:
- Manage the building maintenance operations for the assigned area. Ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and buildings; includes performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies; oversee third party contractor maintenance and repair work associated with service agreements and on demand.
- Be available for on-call duty to respond to emergency situations 24 hours a day or as per Manager’s direction
- Respond to all calls as directed by site representative via online Facility Management software. Coordinate major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant with Management.
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with company work standards
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Assist in assessing current and future needs of all buildings within the assigned areas through regular inspections of buildings within the assigned area
- Identify, prioritize and recommend all required new projects, equipment replacement or preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Assist in defining scope of work of both major and minor facility maintenance and repair projects, in sourcing vendors, co-ordination, scheduling, monitoring and completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Approve purchase of materials, equipment and contracted services to complete repairs within approved budget levels
- Minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry, keeping all mechanical and electrical rooms clean and free of hazards
- Regularly evaluate and recommend effective allocation of resources
- Manage the daily operations with a strong commitment to customer service
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Job Type: Full-time
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate (Required)
- English (Preferred)