Survey Interviewer Competition # VSH - 19
Malatest is one of Canada’s largest social research companies with offices in Victoria, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto and Halifax. Currently, we own and operate three outbound call centres in Victoria, Edmonton and Ottawa. With developing project opportunities, Malatest is currently seeking Data Collection Clerks to administer survey interviews and gather data to inform our research.
Why work with us?
Malatest is a proactive, dynamic, progressive evaluation and market research organization always adding new capabilities and expertise to our existing competitive advantages. Our company offers a dynamic outbound call centre work environment with continuous opportunities for learning and development (often due to the variety of projects available within our national offices).
Malatest is a client focused organization that values our data collection methods and activities. Quality data ensures that Malatest meets and exceeds all expectations for the integrity research, our company provides.
Our Data Collection Clerks:
Completes data collection activities such as survey interviews (engaging in conversation with members of the public over the phone, using computer assisted telephone interviewing systems) for a wide variety of research projects; and engages advanced interpersonal communication skills in a fast-paced outbound call centre to appropriately represent the company and our clients with values for excellence, professionalism, quality, integrity and efficiency.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Survey Administration - Data collection
- CATI/CAWI & CallWeb (internal systems)
- Reception on multi-line telephone systems
- Verifying accurate information gathered
- Data entry, coding, and cleaning information
- Developing survey administration techniques
How to Apply?
Submit your resume, cover letter and application form to the Survey House Manager Jeremy Town. Please quote the competition number VSH - 19 within the subject line and content of your application and/or e-mail. We would like to thank every candidate for applying. No calls please.
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant from employment because of physical or mental disability, race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or creed in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant is qualified. We are committed to ensuring employment equity within our workplaces. You are welcome to identify within your application if you belong to one of the four designated equity groups: women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and/or members of visible minorities.
This is social research, no selling involved. The majority of our research requires Surveyors to engage with members of the public, over the phone (using contact information provided by our clients); to collect information from specific programs/services that the respondent has participated in, and experienced.
Data collection activities and positions are offered on a project to project, temporary contract, with shifts and hours of work available (schedules vary depending on project requirements) during typical hours of operation. Shifts are scheduled (subject to change) on evenings and weekends.
This position is ideal for someone seeking part-time work to supplement their income, and gain valuable work experience related to social research issues; Students attending post- secondary education, or a semi-retired persons wishing to work and keep busy. Due to the nature of our contract-based work, hours and schedules vary based on project demands.
- Calling respondents to administer a survey of questions and gathering information to inform our research.
- Completing the targeted number of survey completions required in order to educate and inform the specific research study assigned.
- Maintaining and securing accurate information that may be of a sensitive nature, according to Malatest standards - as per project training, established policies, procedures or techniques, and other requirements.
- Data entry, reviewing data, validating data for accuracy, all may be required on a project-to-project basis.
- Completion of high school required; post-secondary education in progress and/ or completed with a Bachelor's degree in a field of study related to research in the social sciences, psychology, information management, business administration, computer sciences, or customer service, is preferred;
- Call Centre experience, or work history in the service industry and/or an administrative role, preferred;
- Proficient use of multi-line telephones and computer assisted telephone interviewing systems;
- High level integrity to handle standard personal, confidential and/or sensitive information;
- The ability to self-start, initiate, motivate and engage in calls with a positive enthusiasm in order to meet project requirements and goals while adapting to changing priorities;
- Exceptional interpersonal communications in English, is required; proficiency working in other languages, is considered an asset;
- Computer familiarity and technical skills are essential for navigating Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) systems and administering an engaging survey experience;
- Familiarity using MS Office (MS Excel and MS access, would be an asset);
- Training and experience for sensitivity awareness when dealing with complex issues related to abuse, assault, or mental health topics of study, that we may be working on;
- As a condition of employment on many of our research project contracts, staff members are required to adhere to Malatest privacy, security, confidentiality and quality assurance standards;
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada, and able to obtain required vulnerable sector or security clearance processing with the Industrial Security Directorate Division of Public Works and Government Services Canada;
Closing Date: Ongoing
Locations: Victoria, BC
Hours of Work: Evenings and weekends - Scheduled shifts and hours vary based on project requirements;
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour, plus vacation pay (based on experience/tenure)
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Type: Contract
- Telephone: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- English (Preferred)