Under management direction, the primary function of the SQF Practitioner is to lead implementation and on-going program management/oversight for and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) programs and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certifications and, working closely with the Sanitation Manager; the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
The SQFP is a key member of the Food Safety and Quality team with responsibility for the development, implementation and maintenance of HACCP, SQF, and SOP/SSOP Training, including organization and coordination of programs; assuring documentation for all parts of plant SSOP's; providing support and verification for all actions and measures; assuring equipment, personal hygiene, shipping/receiving, and storage in regards to product food safety concerns.
- Develop and execute SQF Plans to maintain SQF Certification at the facility
- Manage the development and introduction of policies and procedures to support the HACCP program and SQF certification; (SQF/HACCP maintenance, reassessment, monitoring and verification and execution at plant)
- Set up and daily monitoring of HACCP programs /procedures
- Monitors & verifiers performing HACCP duties & HACCP documentation, and review of HACCP records and forms
- Update SOPs as necessary from SQF/HACCP reassessments and program changes
- Conduct monthly audits to comply with SQF pre-requisites
- Set standards to ensure food safety at all stages of the operation, including receiving, production, packaging and shipping
- Train plant personnel of the requirements of SQF, HACCP & related programs (Allergen, etc.). Ensure that annual HACCP and GMP training takes place
- Complete corrective action forms for SQF/HACCP related deviations and audits
- Ensure corrective actions are completed accurately and all supporting documentation is attached to corrective action and accurate. Review and monitor all deviations to aid in corrective action decision making, product disposition, additional training required
- Be the main contact/liaison with regulatory agencies and auditors
- Assists in efforts to educate, train and coach the workforce on food quality and safety issues. Conducts training specifically for plant employees and regularly follows up with employees to ensure that they understand the QC requirements
- Identifies needs for plant wide employee training and supports development of training materials and formats
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and leads implementation through utilization of Lean tools, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), HACCP, and Consumer Complaint Reduction
- Leads improvement teams and prepares/presents reports
- Leads food quality or food safety projects.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures in maintaining a safe work environment for self and others.
- Promotes a continuous learning environment and sharing of best practices, methods and ideas.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, from time to time, without advanced notice.
- Ensures a high professional standard of service and performance by actively participating in education and training programs.
- Champions a culture of high performance through employee engagement and continuous improvement orientation in all actions and approaches.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities
- Solid command of the English language; capable of using moderately complex oral and written communication skills
- Leads by example, demonstrates competency in all food safe practices.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Accuracy and a strong attention to detail; ability to record data manually/electronically.
- Excellent problem solving (Root Cause Analysis) abilities and a proactive approach
- Ability to conduct internal audits and manage external audits
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, IGOR, SAP (Recipe Management), Net Weight and QA Trends
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements – SQF, PRP, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Preventive Controls, etc.
- In- depth experience in HACCP and SQF program development
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of all related company policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field or equivalent experience
3.5 years of related SQF experience
This position is required to operate and perform in a general office, food manufacturing, production, warehouse environment. Unique or special features of the job include:
- More than 30% of day is spent sitting in close proximity to a computer/workstation
- Repetitive hand motion is required (typing, mouse)
- < 50% of time may be spent walking, standing, or moving about the production facility
- May need to work in loud environments or congested areas occasionally
Foley’s Candies LP offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits program (extended health & dental, MSP), monthly social activities and holiday party. Interested applicants must apply with a resume. No telephone calls please!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- SQF: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)