This is a full-cycle accounting position that includes AP/AR; GST,PST, State Tax, WorkSafeBC and other government report requirements; budget assistance and monitoring, general ledger transactions, validation and analysis and cost accounting. For the right candidate, this role will expand to the creation of, and responsibility for, producing timely and accurate financial statements.
This role reports directly to the Finance department head. There is significant opportunity for advancement for the right employee.
Job Type / Category
This position is in the Accounting Team.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience: 3 years’ full-cycle accounting experience, including 2 in a manufacturing company
- Education: Courses in Accounting
- Experience with foreign currencies
- Strong relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Pride in workmanship
- Excellent communication skills and command of English. French is an asset. Must be solid in writing and speaking.
The company is a well-established manufacturer of consumer products based in Burnaby. The Accountant will need to be able to work independently and with a team, developing effective working relationships with other employees as well as suppliers and customers, paying close attention to detail and being well organized.
Job Type: Full-time