Anthem Arts is a modern in-home and online music school that provides high-quality instruction with a personal approach. When you join Anthem Arts, you become part of a collective of teachers that work together to share resources and expertise that improve the quality and success of one another's work, and make teaching rewarding and fun.
We are currently looking for a teacher able to instruct beginner to intermediate piano, who is especially comfortable working with young beginners with a focus on having fun. The ability to teach advanced levels of piano may come in handy but is not necessary. We welcome multi-instrumentalists whose degrees may not be piano-specific. In particular, a piano/cello teacher or piano/guitar would be a great match for this opening.
We are looking for an individual who is friendly, creative, and connects well with kids. Our ideal candidate is someone who displays enthusiasm about studio goings-on, responds quickly to communication and is excited to grow with our team. Priority will be given to those who have access to a car, live within the North York to midtown Toronto area and are comfortable teaching both in-person and online as restrictions allow.
- preparing lessons
- teaching weekly lessons
- logging student progress
- preparing students for exams and performances
- responding to communication with the studio through our messaging app
- assisting with workshops and performances for additional pay
- assisting with social media by submitting photos/videos occasionally
- attending occasional online meetings and/or socials
- understanding our studio and the programs and services we offer
- Bmus, ARCT diploma OR significant performance experience
- recent criminal background check available to submit
- a functional setup for online lessons
- live within reasonable travelling distance for when in-home lessons resume
- comfortable committing for a 10 month period (Sept 2021 - June 2022) to continue with all assigned students
- must be available at least 2-3 weekday evenings (4-8 PM) or weekend mornings (we will work around your availability within these times)
- ability to adapt to different teaching methods & styles based on the students' needs
- ability to drive to appointments
- prior experience working with children
- prior teaching experience
Please attach a cover letter and resume with your application- apply via Indeed only
**we are committed to being an equal-opportunity workplace that creates a safe and supportive environment for all.**
[keywords: piano , teacher, instructor, music , cello , guitar , lessons ]
Contract length: 10 months
Expected start date: 2021-09-07
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 per hour
As lessons in students' homes resume, we support families and teachers with information on conducting lessons safely.
- Do you have a valid drivers' license and car available?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19