Casual Position - Evenings
What we represent:
The Nova Scotia Red Cross Home Support program provides competent, certified Continuing Care Assistants to assist persons within a home environment in times of need, due to illness, recovery or disability while preserving and promoting independence, dignity and optimal well-being.
What we offer:
- A competitive hourly rate
- 100%employer paidpremiums for health and dental benefits package
- Flexible work hours
- Various paid leave allowances
- Paid travel time
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Business cell phone provided to electronically confirm service and enhance safety
- 100% Employer paid CPR/First Aid recertification
- Ongoing continuing education
- Support from our Client Service Centre 24 hour a day and 365 days a yearYour responsibilities:
- Your primary responsibility will be to assist elderly and persons with disabilities in the activities of daily living in their own home.
- Assignments may include light housekeeping, respite, personal care and meal preparation.
- Current Provincial Continuing Care Assistant Certificate
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate
- Compassionate, trustworthy, ability to work independently within a supportive structure
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle
Application deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019
Interested applicants should apply online via:
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
Job Type: Casual