We're hiring a Mortgage Relationship Manager!
Aldergrove Credit Union is expanding their Retail Banking team! We are looking for a Mortgage Relationship Manager to help us keep members at the center of everything we do.
The Mortgage Relationship Manager proactively seeks to grow and deepen Aldergrove Credit Union’s relationships with current and future members through outstanding advice and service in mortgages and lending. They will also work collaboratively with their credit union counterparts in retail banking, wealth management, insurance and business/commercial banking to promote the overall financial health of members through referred relationship connections.
The successful candidate will be driven by a values-based, community and member focus and have strong communication, networking, collaboration, and relationship building skills as well as a desire to serve the needs of the unique membership within the Fraser Valley.
- Business development: Actively identify initiatives and activities that will grow mortgage business and pursue opportunities for growth through a variety of sources
- Lending: Structure mortgages, consumer loans and other lending products.
- Promotion and collaboration: Seek opportunities to collaborate with other sales channels and partners within the credit union including retail banking, wealth management, insurance and small business/commercial to offer and promote additional products and services to members as needs are identified
- Community involvement: Actively promote Aldergrove Credit Union through involvement in community groups and events
Skills and attributes
- Networking: Actively identify and engage in activities within the community and strategic groups that will grow relationships, heighten our visibility and promote further trust in our brand
- Relationship building: Build, maintain and seek relationships that support the success of members and Aldergrove Credit Union
- Risk assessment: Ability to identify and mitigate risk on behalf of the credit union through a strong understanding of the credit process and a demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of due diligence and sound judgement
- Communication: Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience and education
- 5 years experience in the financial industry with strong lending / credit adjudication experience. Minimum two years retail lending experience
- Mortgage broker experience an asset
- Degree or diploma in finance, commerce or business administration or equivalent industry experience
How to apply
If you’re interested in this position, please visit the careers page of aldergrovecu.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC (required)
- lending: 1 year (required)
- financial services: 3 years (preferred)
- Canadian citizen / work permit (required)