Here's what you'll be doing....
With guidance from the Client Services Supervisor you will support client publishers directly. Working in a fast paced, busy department you will respond to client calls and emails; you’ll receive and process client inquiries and promotional orders; research and address issues with inventory and shipments to customers and clients. You will work closely with the credit department, customer service, warehouse, and other departmental staff to ensure strong customer support for client publishers.
Key Responsibilities include:
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Receives and processes client inquiries and promotional orders, researches and addresses issues with inventory and shipments to customers and clients
- Sends PDF copies of new receipts to clients daily
- Handles the processing of orders received on templates
- Provides freight quotes to clients for overseas orders
- Updates book master price changes
- Oversees special projects, i.e. special stickering for book awards, set making, and special mailings
- Prepares and processes charges for freight and handling fees to clients
- Prepares Commercial Invoices for Customs processing
- Uploads and updates bibliographic data from clients
- Uploads client responses to Indigo proposed returns lists
- Assists with trade fair and exhibit preparation as needed
- Works closely with the credit department, customer service, warehouse, and other departmental staff
- Handle remainder sales and client inventory cleanup
- Process paperwork for Buffalo shipment
- Put through freight charges to clients for Buffalo transfers, customs charges and other costs that need to be passed on
- Set up standing orders and release orders when the book is published
- Assist with Social Media promotion
- Update Constant Contact lists
- Assist Customer Service during peak periods
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- High school graduation; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in a customer-service environment
- AS/400 system experience an asset
About our Team:
- Familiarity with data entry systems
- Social media experience
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated experience working independently and collaboratively across teams
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; solid organizational ability
- Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
The Distribution Division is based at 5201 Dufferin Street, in Toronto and provides shipping, receiving and storage for the University of Toronto Press and approximately 120 independent publisher imprints. Normal operations for the facility is 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, and is staffed by more than 100 full and part-time, warehouse and office employees. As an organization, we continue to look for better ways to provide outstanding service to our clients and customers.
About University of Toronto Press:
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. We have published over 6,500 books and each year we publish approximately 180 new scholarly, course, and general interest books in both print and ebook and more than 40 Journals. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honored and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.