Reporting to the Manager, Production and Support Services, and under the guidance and direction of the Environmental Services Team Leader, maintains the facility in a clean, orderly condition to provide a safe, pleasant environment for the residents, staff and visitors to the facility in accordance with Ministry of Health LTC Standards, Health Protection & Promotions Act, The Occupational Health & Safety Act and Departmental Policy. Transports residents, furnishings, laundry and equipment throughout the facility; washes and sorts residents personal laundry, as assigned.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a housekeeping department of a long term health care facility, hospital or other large institutional environment.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practices including WHMIS and the save use and handling of cleaning products.
- Demonstrated basic computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and the ability to receive and respond to emails.
Permanent Casual/On-Call, with up to 75 bi-weekly hours available
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$24.22 to $26.33 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (Long Term Care)