Relief full-time Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) opportunity is available now at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH). Days of work are rotating and shift times are a combination of eight-hour day, evening and night shifts.
We are committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work-life balance are promoted within the team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in our region.
About the job:
MLTs work in a supportive, team-based environment and perform a variety of duties within the assigned discipline department. Your responsibilities will include:
What we offer:
- Performing routine and/or complex tests, utilizing manual procedures and automated instruments
- Entering data into the Lab Information System (LIS), related systems and programs
- Validating and reporting test results
- Maintaining instruments, preparing solutions and control agents
- Contributing to training, evaluation and improvement programs
We offer welcoming workplaces along with a range of benefits, services and policies to support you at every stage of your career.
About this location
- Competitive pay and shift premiums
- Generous relocation assistance
- Employer-paid vacation starting at 4 weeks
- Employer-paid insurance, health and dental benefits
- Employee & Family Assistant Program
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Education and growth opportunities
VJH is a prominent 196-bed healthcare facility serving the North Okanagan. VJH provides the community with a broad spectrum of medical services, advanced care, and leading-edge facilities. In addition to having the largest diagnostic facility in the region, its services encompass emergency care, surgery, critical care, maternity and newborn care, mental health services, laboratory services, and rehabilitation.
The thriving city of Vernon is situated in the northern region of the Okanagan Valley between the beautiful Swan, Kalamalka and Okanagan lakes. It boasts a unique history, diversified economy, attractive climate and beautiful natural setting offering residents a highly desirable balance of small-town charm combined with the amenities of an urban centre.
- Graduation from an approved Medical Laboratory Science Program
- Current certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS
- One (1) year recent related experience.