We’re looking for a highly talented, strong and experienced Paralegal who either is experienced in Insurance and Tort Liability or possesses an extensive knowledge of litigation legal procedures. This is a senior position, with the successful candidate, at the time of application, having a minimum of 8-15 years of experience in a similar role.
Responsibilities for this position includes…
- - Maintenance of paper and electronic files and a BF system
- - Preparing client reports at regular intervals and liaising with clients directly
- - Identifying, requesting and monitoring lists of required productions from both the client and opposing counsel
- - Preparing various legal documents: memoranda/briefs, charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence for use on discovery, list of documents, motion materials, pre-trial and arbitration/trial
- - Summarizing discovery transcripts, managing undertakings, refusals and preparing discovery reports to clients
- - Compiling book of authorities, various briefs, statistics and information, as well as performing research tasks
- - Research utilizing firm’s electronic document software
- - Liaising with and retaining expert witnesses
- - Instructing surveillance investigators, analyzing and preparing summaries of their reports
- - Trial/Arbitration preparation, including preparation of required notices and subponeas
- - Preparing bills of costs/costs outlines
- - Cooperating within the team to assist with overflow, urgent deadlines and back-up coverage
Qualifications & Education
- - A Paralegal certificate from an accredited institution
- - A minimum of 8-15 years of experience in a similar role or extensive knowledge of litigation legal procedures and statues including familiarity with the rules for various courts
- - Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and document management software such as Relativity and Primafact
- - Professional demeanor and strong organizational, investigative, fact-finding and problem-solving skills
Sound like the position for you? Apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to info@arlynrecruiting com referencing job #1709!
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Paralegal: 8 years (Preferred)