Socks 4 Souls Canada (S4SC) is a registered charity under the CRA regulations, and we actively engage with Canada Helps to manage donations and issue tax receipts. S4SC is a volunteer-led organization; primarily serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We promote the health, dignity, and mobility of the homeless by providing clean, new socks and comfort.
Everything we do is enabled by the generous support of our volunteer community, financial and sock donations of our strategic partners, corporations, small business enterprises, private citizens, and the leadership and guidance of a senior Board of directors and advisors. Underpinning everything we do, is our belief that every homeless person deserves warmth, comfort, and the mobility of healthy feet. From an impact perspective, since 2015, we have distributed over 720,700 new socks to homeless communities and continuously promote the associated health and mobility benefits.
Socks 4 Souls has an opportunity for a talented Digital Marketing and Social Media writer and implementation professional to join our team, part-time, and contribute to the organization’s success. About the Role You will join our small but ambitious project team as the Digital and Social Media writer-implementor, responsible for increasing website traffic, stakeholder outreach and engagement and web content, to increase awareness and engagement through digital marketing and social media activities. This is an immediate job opening for someone with the following experience/background
- College/University level education (Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media, Public Relations or related disciplines)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in digital marketing, social media, and content writing * Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics.
- Experience with email marketing and SEO campaigns.
- Copywriting skills/ability to create content and support the delivery * Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive and independent worker and self-motivated,
- Comfortable working collaboratively too.
- Has a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Is legally authorized to work in Canada. Bonus points for:
- Qualification related to Marketing and Fundraising Campaigns.
- Experience working with NFP organizations.
- Knowledge of homelessness and experience of building topic related marketing and fundraising campaigns around these topics
If this sounds like you, then S4SC is a phenomenal place for you to be a valued contributor to the success of our mission. Tasks Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the marketing committee:
- Help write content for the web, public facing events (mostly online).
- Develop, implement, and track goal-driven social media campaigns.
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns for distribution.
- Contribute to social media engagement and project awareness campaigns, particularly across LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Optimise website and social channels for SEO best practice.
- Contribute to stakeholder outreach and engagement communication deliverables.
- General writing and editing. Core competencies, skills, experience:
- Demonstrable competence of digital marketing techniques or marketing automation systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are a serious and highly motivated candidate with a keen interest in We promote the health, dignity, and mobility of the homeless and would like to make a difference you would be a great match for us.
Reference ID: S4S Marketing PT social
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 7 per week
Application deadline: 2021-05-27
Expected start date: 2021-06-14
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (required)