Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the B2B Solution Specialist, you will play a vital role in Staples Canada’s overall ability to showcase and deliver technology solutions to our customers. You will develop solution offerings that we take to market. You will drive successful customer solutions and raise the overall technical selling capabilities of our General Managers and be responsible for supporting our retail stores by providing technical products and solutions to our customers. Working alongside a variety of stakeholders, each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful and you will be inspired to bring your best, every day.
Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with B2B Associate Program Manager, Store Management and Associates and Business Sales Teams, to build compelling solutions in each of our verticals and geographical segments.
- Manage the product solution listings and aid in developing services and product offerings. Work closely with the Operations / Merchandise / Business Sales Teams to standardize the execution and rollout of these solutions nationwide.
- Aid in building solution sales assets, construct tools and processes to reduce the cost of sales (time), create standard toolkits, build virtual labs for internal, hands-on training.
- Partner with store General Managers and Business Sales Teams to better provide products, services and solutions to our B2B, Education and BYOD customers.
- Provide presales support to high value customer opportunities. Research and review customer profile information; apply knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Work with field sales to ensure healthy profitability, leverage and maximize partner pricing, partner registration programs, incentive programs, and special pricing, to win business and secure healthy profitability. Produce documents, sales enablement tools and materials to support the selling process (e.g., presentations, brochures, FAQs).
- Support supervisor to develop and maintain relationships with the product teams within Staples Canada and complementary vendors
- Support the negotiation of pricing and product availability with vendors and distributors for special non-stocked products and services
Some of what you need
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous business management, purchasing or technology experience.
- Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and consultant mentoring experience preferred
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent
- If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced technologies for STAPLES CANADA’s Partner Certification Requirements.
- Post secondary diploma with a focus on business management, technical skills or equivalent experience.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently when managing multiple projects / customer engagements simultaneously
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with virtual teams and cross functional groups
- Solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- Office Environment
- Periodic overnight travel is required on a national level.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Business Services - Canada Retail
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.