The Hitch House is considered to be Canada’s Ultimate Motorhome Store. We stock, sell and service millions of dollars worth of motorhomes every year. We are located on Hwy 11S 4 miles north of Barrie, Ontario.
It has always been our intention to make service and parts a prime segment of our business and, after 45+ years our customers will tell you that it was worth the effort. Standards and technology are always changing and a commitment to full service has been critical to our success and growth. With a 7,000 square foot ultramodern Accessories Store and a 17-bay fully equipped and expertly staffed service department, we’re confident that we are taking the right steps. We are continually improving our facilities and we have a brand new main building following a massive fire in November 2012. Our goal is to be the best Motorhome Dealership in Canada. With this in mind our size, expertise and reputation have earned us the recognition of Spartan, Ford and Onan as their authorized service centre.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our success and the chance to grow with our dealership.
At The Hitch House, our number one responsibility is taking care of our customer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing prompt and courteous service to both our customers and Service Centre staff. As a member of the Parts Team, you will be required to work co-operatively with the service technicians and service writers to ensure that our customers’ motorhomes receive fast, efficient and cost-effective repairs and service.
You must demonstrate the ability to successfully sell Accessories products to our customers. You will require/receive professional/technical support from your peers and dealership management to assist you in the selling process.
Critical to our success is the proper maintenance of our inventory. You must be conscientious and detailed in your approach to maintaining tight control of our inventory. Furthermore, you must be willing to learn and understand our inventory procedures and dealership software (IDS-G2) to assist you in your position.
The Hitch House has been designed for growth opportunities. We are seeking an individual that will embrace our entrepreneurial spirit and help us achieve our growth goals. Opportunities for advancement exist within the Parts’ Department. Other advancement opportunities are available within our Sales and Service departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate products to our motorhome customers.
- Consciously look for up-sale opportunities.
- Source products at our customers’ request (ie. Special order parts – tow bar brackets etc).
- Receive phone in requests and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Continuously look for new and innovative ways to merchandise store products to improve inventory turns.
- Updating work orders with specific parts/accessories.
- Maintain product codes in IDS-G2.
- Ordering parts online and by phone from suppliers (RV manufacturers, Distributors).
- Maintain appropriate stocking levels.
- Researching/Sourcing non-inventory parts.
- Receiving parts inventory.
- Reconcile IDS-G2 inventory balances with physical inventory balances.
- Recognize dormant products and take appropriate action (ie. returns, exchanges, etc).
- Maintain a clean and orderly showroom and stock room.
- Keep showroom’s stock complete and full.
- Recognize opportunities for increased margins by comparing products from multiple suppliers.
- Process point-of-sale transactions as required.
- Cultivate rapport with suppliers, customers and internal staff.
- Develop/maintain product knowledge.
- Develop/maintain general motorhome knowledge and general market intelligence.
- You will be required to attend industry trade shows as a purchaser and from time to time as an exhibitor.
- Experience in a retail environment ie. Customer Service, Merchandising
- Mechanical aptitude essential
- Computer literate – experience with Windows applications
- Related educational experience an asset
- Inventory control experience an asset
- Energetic, self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional rapport building abilities, strong client focus
- Team player, willingness to share expertise
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma an asset
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The pay structure will include an hourly wage plus a bonus based on the Parts Department’s sales. Furthermore, a year-end bonus is provided based on the overall performance of the dealership
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent