Fleming College Student Administrative Council Is seeking a General Manager
The Sir Sandford Fleming Student Administrative Council (SAC) through our vision of instilling an inclusive community by empowering students to succeed through advocacy and support, is committed to providing inclusive, accessible, and welcoming environments for all students, employees and visitors.
SAC is seeking a General Manager who will serve as the Chief Operating Officer and will:
- Oversee the full-time staff operations.
- Work closely with student leaders each year to serve the needs of the students on campus, as well as with the College Administration to achieve the goals set out by the organization.
- Be responsible for ensuring that organizational documentation such as policies and procedures, manuals, licenses and insurance documents are in place and upheld.
- Be responsible for ensuring that SAC is continuously improving and working to better meet the needs of the student population at Fleming College, by following the strategic direction of the Student Administrative Council.
Among the programs and services that the General Manager will oversee are:
- Steele Centre Pub – the hub of student activities
- Transportation Programs (Ride Share, Bike Share & Digital Transit Pass)
- Student Health Plan
- Student Street Team
- Extensive social activities and clubs
- Food Bank & Just Food Boxes Program
- Tech Services including software, Windows Upgrade, Device Setup, Training & Technical Devices
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant degree/diploma (management, business, etc.)
- Minimum of five years of experience in a progressively senior leadership role with a proven track record of building employee engagement and driving business results
- Experience in progressively senior roles with demonstrated ability in leadership, interpersonal skills, sales and marketing and financial management/planning
- Self-directed, accountable problem-solver with the ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Leads with courage and passion, serves with compassion and respect, communicates authentically and with clarity, and effectively manages change
- Has a strong execution-bias and a tenacious and optimistic perspective focused on continuous performance improvement; CRM systems and Microsoft Office suite of products
We offer an attractive total compensation package (salary and benefits), and the opportunity to work in an exceptional community environment with a passionate and committed team.
For a detailed position description visit the SAC Website at http://flemingsac.ca/
Apply in confidence including salary expectations to:
SAC General Manager Search Committee
599 Brealey Drive, Rm C1 430
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B1
(no telephone enquiries)
DEADLINE: Friday, March 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Senior Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Management, Business: 5 years (Preferred)