Shift: Monday - Friday - 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: 5381 72 Avenue SE
Wage: $17.00/hour base wage
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Forklift Operator will successfully move materials through the facility using a Raymond Reach and Sit-down Counterbalance The successful candidate will perform general warehouse duties including; shipping/receiving, picking and packing orders, processing orders (where applicable) in the system, and other warehouse related job tasks.
This Full Time days position is 5 days a week, Monday-Friday, 8 hour shifts and is an exceptional opportunity for a customer service focused individual who enjoys working in a warehouse environment.
The Metro Supply Chain Group of Companies is the leading Canadian provider of third party logistics (3PL) services across Canada. The Group has been in operation for over 40 years with sites coast to coast.
We operate with over 10 million square feet of premium warehouse space. Our customers are industry leaders and the Group provides services through both single, dedicated site and multi-customer facilities to offer the flexibility required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate material handling equipment to move material through facility as required
- Interact with dispatchers and customer service to work as a team when shipping and receiving trailers
- Safely load and unload product and move to storage location, stack or store in appropriate areas
- Safely handle product and move from production lines and stack or store in appropriate areas, ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency when pulling and preparing product to be shipped to ensure customer service standards are met
- Assist in the effective completion of inventory audits
- Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, strapping and discard in proper containers or designated areas
- Operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner
- Other tasks as assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety legislation
Skills and Education:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience driving a Raymond Reach and sit-down counterbalance
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Previous experience with RF Scanners is considered an Asset
Thank you for your interest in employment with Metro Logistics, only qualified applicants will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Sit-down Counterbalance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Raymond Reach: 2 years (Preferred)