University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Appointment Scheduler in our Joint Department of Medical Imaging.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Medical Imaging department the APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER performs a variety of activities and functions, and exercises some judgment or decision-making in the provision of complex clerical services, including: completing a series of complex imaging scheduling and processing activities of a clerical nature received from multiple medium/sources and using imaging scheduling system(s); providing scheduling and reception service to all modalities within Medical Imaging; providing processing, documenting and maintenance of scheduled imaging studies and /or tests electronically/manually; performing data entry responsibilities; providing routine and some complicated imaging examination preparation information and imaging appointment information to the client; providing clerical and reception support, corporately; providing some functional supervision to lower-classified clerical positions; performing cross-functional responsibilities, as required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent required.
- Two years related experience in a customer service environment required
- One year experience in a health care environment required.
- Six (6) months experience in a Medical Imaging environment preferred.
- Previous on-the-job computer/word-processing, database software experience required.
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred.
- Experience in Medical Imaging environment an asset.
- Excellent ability to work independently and within a team environment required.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Good written communication skills required.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure required.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations required.
- Ability to perform routine work independently required.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Standard First Aid/Basic Rescuer Cardi-Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) certification an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
December 5, 2019 CLOSING DATE: December 12, 2019
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.