At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week, up to March 31, 2021.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized University and hold a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. A Certificate in Breastfeeding Management is required with Level 2 Breastfeeding Management preferred. In-depth knowledge of health promotion and a minimum of three years’ experience working in the areas of preconception and prenatal health, breastfeeding, infant and maternal mental health promotion, positive parenting, and childhood growth and development is required. Experience facilitating the Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program and other parenting programs is essential. Experience working with diverse individuals and communities and knowledge of Halton community supports and services is an asset. The ability to work collaboratively, to develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively is critical. Strong project management skills and computer software proficiency are fundamental. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Successful candidates will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen. Extensive daily travel may be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply their own transportation. Some weekend and/or evening work may be required.
The successful candidate will use principles of health promotion, build individual and community capacity, establish and maintain relationships, advocate for access and equity and demonstrate professional responsibility and accountability in the following assignments:
- Provide consultation, education and skill development through individual counseling and group facilitation in the areas of preconception health, prenatal health, breastfeeding promotion and support, infant and maternal mental health promotion, positive parenting, and childhood growth and development.
- Facilitate and support quality parent programs for families including the Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders such as public health program staff, Children’s Services staff and community partners to plan, implement and evaluate programs and/or projects.
- Collect, assess, analyze and apply information to inform evidence-based recommendations, decisions and reports.
- Participate in and lead community coalitions and/or professional networks.
- Provide support to the Early Years Program and contribute as a team member.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Keep accurate health records and statistical information.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
January 20, 2020
January 28, 2020
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.