AEC is an independent privately-owned firm that is made up of property tax and assessment management professionals. Our staff includes accredited appraisers, professional engineers, chartered accountants, certified cost technicians and former assessment officials who understand the blend of art and science that defines real property assessment and its impact upon realty taxation.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking an Analyst to join our valuation team. We are willing to mentor and train the right individual who demonstrates a high attention to detail, thoroughness and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prepares analysis and/or contributes to the development of appraisal reports to be used in the process of valuation for assessment and other purposes.
- Prepares property tax and assessment analysis and/or contributes to the development of reports on variances and anomalies for a variety of clients.
- Conducts detailed research and accesses relevant information from various resources and can write and synthesis a reasoned and logical analysis.
- Works with immediate and senior level professionals who will provide mentoring, direction and peer review of work.
- Updates internal database systems regularly and accurately to ensure that current data and research is available for client files.
- Participates in site inspections as required.
- Accurately completes time sheets daily ensuring accountability for time spent on daily activities. Records team member time usage as required.
- Works cooperatively with team members across the organization. Participates regularly on team projects, meetings and training sessions.
- Attention to detail, highly organized
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Quick learner on various software systems
- Computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Able to multi-task
- Open to instruction and learning
- High follow-through / follow up skills
- Team player
- Self-management (organizes workload to complete tasks ahead of schedule)
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter confirming your available start date and salary expectations.
AEC is an equal opportunities employer. We offer accommodation for all candidates throughout the recruitment process.
Job Type: Contract