If working with your hands and your head in a physically rewarding job is what you like to do, then look no further. We build quality Agricultural and Commercial buildings. Our crews consist of members who are dedicated, hardworking and safety conscious individuals. We have immediate year-round full-time employment available
This job entails that you;
- Work with all different types of tools (air tools, a variety of saws, hammers, levels, measuring tapes, etc…)
- Work with equipment (telehandlers, scissor lifts, scaffolding, etc…)
- Frame walls, swing trusses, form pads, install steel roofs, install wall steel, push insulation, metal trim work, and much, much more.
- Our crews meet at the shop and leave together in company trucks.
- We work in almost all weather and provide sunscreen, safety glass and hard hats. Tools are provided except for tool belt, CSA Safety Boots, and a hammer.
- Safety training will be provided to successful candidates that do not already have it.
Hours of Work
- Monday to Thursday 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday’s 7:00am to 4:00pm,
- hours can vary with job site distance.
- Overtime is paid after 44 hours.
- Benefits are offered to full time employees after 9 months of continuous employment.
- Profit sharing and Christmas bonuses.
- Employee appreciation events which include
- Employee golf day,
- Tim Horton’s coffee & donuts on Friday mornings,
- pizza nights or wing nights
- Christmas party just to name a few.
- We observe and pay for all Statutory Holidays, including the Civic Holiday.
- We shut down over Christmas for the crew to spend time with their families.
- Attentive to instruction
- Quality driven
- Eager to learn
Experience or General Carpenters ticket is beneficial but not required. We also consider sponsorship for the General Carpenters Apprenticeship program for employees who can prove their skills and abilities to us over a time frame specified in our Apprenticeship Policy.
Some overnight travel may be required with expenses paid.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Framing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Required)