Looking for Talented Child Care Educators to join our team!
If you are currently looking for a position with growth potential and a great place to work, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the community.
Fieldcrest Before & After School Program
Full-time, School Age Coordinator
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, approximately 6:30-9:00am & 3:00-6:00pm plus admin hours to equal 30/week
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $18.63-20.63 per hour depending on qualifications
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Self manages on-going professional development;
- Responsible for achieving successful completion of all required trainings in first year of employment which could include YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum phase one trainings, CATCH, YMCA Healthy Child Development
- Attend other YMCA Child and Family Development training programs as required
- Works to maintain active and effective communication and information networks within the centre, the staff team and with community agencies working with individual children and families
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the regulations and operating standards and ensures centre is run in accordance to all directives, legislations, guidelines and policies.
- Understands and mentors centre team providing strong leadership to implement a safe, accessible, quality, child-centered, early childhood program.
- Ensures program plans and centre environments address each child’s identified needs, stage of development and interests, assisting children to make developmental progress. Communicates to parents on children’s developmental progress and supports staff in doing so.
- Supervises initial entry of each child into the child care classroom.
- Identifies and seeks support to act on opportunities for program enhancement
- Give leadership to and works with centre staff to maintain a well organized, accessible, safe and clean child care facility including classrooms, playground, washrooms, cubicles and equipment.
- Develops positive relationships and collaborative partnerships with families. Understands each family’s specific needs and plans for successful outcomes
- Ensure the regular implementation of program quality evaluation tools
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Or Child and Youth Worker (CYW/CYC) Bachelor of Education (OCT), Rec and Leisure diploma
- RECEs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, particularly regarding split shifts
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations, including Covid-19
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.