Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Anson Place Care Centre we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Anson Place Care Centre follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, P articipation E xcellence O penness P erformance L ongevity E fficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of a Programs Aide at Anson Place Care Centre.
As a Programs Aide at Anson Place Care Centre, you will be given high expectations, as well as an expectation to continue personal growth and professional growth. In this position, you will be gifted with a rewarding experience every day in the form of being able to see the exact impact you place on our residents.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation program based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor,
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs, and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate,
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff,
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
At Anson Place Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Anson Place Care Centre are as follows:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or enrolled in same required. If enrolled, must complete program within 3 years of hire date,
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills,
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired,
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively,
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives,
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments,
- Current CPR/First-Aid and Food Handler’s certification,
- Knowledge of MDS/RAI would be an asset,
- Must have a recent negative COVID Swab,
- GPA and Montessori certificates would be an asset.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.