Under the supervision of the Controller, the incumbent will be responsible for receiving, counting and verifying deposits from all NGC revenue generating divisions. Prepare bank deposits and enter all information into the financial management information system. Receive and record payments of invoices via cheque, cash, and electronic transfer. Reconcile all NGC bank accounts, provide cash/coin exchange services, processes credit card/direct payment transactions, and participate in accounting period closing procedures.
- College diploma in Business Administration (concentration in Accounting or related field); or
- University degree (concentration in Accounting or related field).
- Professional designation (CPA), or working towards would be considered an asset.
- Experience in cash management and bank account reconciliations.
- Experience in ensuring financial information is captured and recorded in the correct accounting period and adhering to month, quarter, and year-end closing procedures and deadlines.
- Experience in troubleshooting with banking institutions and merchant accounts.
- Experience in reconciling customer accounts.
- Experience in financial data entry into accounting systems with minimal error rate.
- Knowledge in mathematics and standard accounting policies.
- Knowledge of banking processes, systems, websites, and other related tools.
- Knowledge of the application of laws, standards and policies of Government (Financial Administration Act, Applicable Tax rules (GST/HST, QST, VAT)).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word), Outlook, etc.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile bank accounts, deposits, and other financial information.
- Ability to enter financial information into accounting software and prepare journal entries for corrections.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding payments against accounts, and internal stakeholders regarding status of deposits.
- Ability to audit deposits with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, and requirement for strong communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Condition of Employment
- Must meet the bilingual requirement to be invited to the interview process.
- Reliability Status - this factor is not used at the pre-selection stage.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.
- The National Gallery of Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective or Canadian Society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
- The Gallery is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environment. Alternative selection tool methods and/or reasonable accommodation are available upon request.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the selection process in the official language of their choice.