Reporting to the Support Services Manager or on-site Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the premises, assisting at mealtimes and maintaining a safe environment for the residents. Specific duties will depend on scheduled designation for each shift (ex: housekeeping, laundry, dietary aide).
- Promote and maintain an atmosphere of harmony and home-like environment.
- Maintenance and upgrading of immunizations.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality service.
- Maintenance of required certification. (ex: WHMIS, FoodSafe)
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Awareness of resident safety.
- Perform duties within Simpe Q safety guidelines (ex: MSIPP awareness)
- Awareness of right to refuse unsafe work.
- Expectation of knowledge and daily practice of the Simpe Q and site name principles and policies.
- Reporting of unsafe equipment or resident safety issues to General Manager.
- Assist and participate in events organized by Simpe Q.
- Weekly/daily housekeeping of residents’ rooms as per schedule:
o Clean bathroom with recommended cleaning supplies.
o Sweep and mop bedroom and bathroom floors.
o Vacuum any carpeted areas.
o Change bed linens and bed making.
o Laundry removal
o Remove garbage.
o Dust furniture if surfaces are pre cleared by resident.
o Assist in maintaining tidy cupboards and drawers
- Cleaning of common areas and hallways.
- Assisting with meal service and dishwashing
- Assist in kitchen with meal preparation, delivery and clean up.
- Use of laundry machines.
- Management of soiled linens.
- Knowledge of infection control practices in all areas of the Home.
- Empty garbage at end of each shift.
- Terminal cleaning when residents vacate a room.
- Internal window washing as per schedule.
- Other related duties as assigned by Simpe Q Supervisor
Covid 19 Considerations:
Successful applicant will need to comply to Covid-19 safety protocols, including being fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.97 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Food Safety Certification (preferred)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)