Position Title: Research Assistant/Chart Reviewer
Position Type: Contract – LDI Full time; 1 year
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Centre for Research in Aging, Donald Berman Maimonides Geriatric Centre, Montreal, QC
Job Summary: Under the direction of Dr. Machelle Wilchesky (Principal Investigator) and the Project co‐ lead, performs clinical chart reviews for a study taking place in the 7 long‐term care facilities within the Integrated Health and Social Services University Network for West‐Central Montreal. The aims of this study are to investigate the associations between potentially avoidable acute care transfers, adverse transfer outcomes, and gaps in information exchange during transitions from the long‐term care to the acute care setting. The successful candidate will receive specific training by the project co‐lead.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
- Collect detailed data from patient charts pertaining to transfer episodes;
- Collect information pertaining to information communicated during institutional transfers;
- Collect information pertaining to adverse transfer outcomes;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Professional Characteristics:
- Experience in research;
- Clinical experience (especially in long‐term care) an asset;
- Experience working with patient charts or conducting chart reviews an asset;
- Ability to organize work load in order to deliver expected results, adhere to study timelines, and meet important deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Effective organizational skills and attentiveness to detail;
- DEC or BSc in Nursing or MSc in health sciences or a related field;
- Two (2) years of research‐related or other relevant work experience;
- Bilingualism (English and French, written and verbal).
- Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter by January 9, 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract