Area General Manager (Automated Logic)
Mississauga - ON CA (Primary)
Date Needed By
Building automation systems that make sense! Our Automated Logic division is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
The Area General Manager is responsible for leading and directing all Automated Logic sales, operations and business activities for the Canada region. This position is responsible for growing market share, maximizing profits, directing, evaluating and controlling the effective execution of sales, service, financial, human resources and operations programs and implementing plans to create and sustain a strategic competitive position and a high level of customer satisfaction. The position is responsible for developing short and long term strategies and goals which are in alignment with their region and company financial goals and objectives. The position is responsible for hiring, developing, coaching, mentoring, succession planning, and leading mid-level managers and individual contributors to achieve their maximum potential. Additionally, the Area General Manager is responsible for leading national strategic initiatives, leading change management, driving EHS and using ACE tools for continuous process improvement.
The Area General Manager must be able to provide strategic direction and guidance to their team, possess strong leadership skills, customer focus, and have excellent communication skills. Area General Managers must have the ability to lead, motivate and direct team members to achieve common goals and be able to communicate professionally, effectively, and relate to people at all levels. They must have strong financial acumen, strong problem solving skills, knowledge of building automation and construction projects, years of progressive operational and/or sales experience in building systems and services as well as experience in a supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
- Manage to business performance metrics and achieve or surpass plan goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provide leadership and guidance to the area management team
- Talent development
- Engage with key customers
- Implement strategies to grow the sales revenue and the profitability of the business according to the company goals
- Develop short and long term action plans based on understanding of market conditions and company value proposition
- Business Growth and Planning: Profitably grow the local business by capturing market share, and by leveraging current success to enter new verticals
- Financial Management: Oversee development of detailed annual financial plan
- Account Development & Customer Satisfaction: Maintain professional relationships with customers and ensure that delivery of projects and services supports high levels of customer satisfaction and drives preference for Automated Logic and other UTC brands
- Focus on Results: Establish a culture of meeting results and expectations by implementing performance metrics and accountability at all levels of the organization. Metrics should be specific to each function of the business and should be aligned to the company objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct team members to the achievement of a common goal
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
- Demonstrated success creating and implementing market penetration and business growth strategies
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical information, interpret contracts and construction related documents
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field
- Eight to ten years of General Business, Sales and/or Operations management experience in turnkey delivery of commercial building systems and services
- Master's in Business Administration preferred